Mrs. Snyder’s Market Cafe, Comprehensive Brand Development
Mrs. Snyder’s Market Cafe has a clear mission. Become a food destination in quaint Old New Castle and in turn, ignite an economic revival in the community.
Mrs. Snyder is that familiar local, known for her casual spirit, delicious food and unending support for local farms and their seasonal products. Her Market Cafe is a place where she can share her passion and where you can make yourself at home. Simply choose what fancies you, settle into a comfortable spot and enjoy one of her ever-changing, daily offerings.
We decided to create a custom hand-drawn logotype to convey a personal, warm and welcoming feeling. The stamp of “market cafe” used in the logo and repeated throughout the identity was inspired by farmer’s market crates. Etchings in the colonial-style provide a deep historic connection with Old New Castle to the newly renovated restaurant. We created a flexible pattern system with these etchings that are used throughout the visual identity—on collateral and in the physical space. The color palette is classically American—red, white and blue.
During our brand development process, we crafted Mrs. “Snyder-isms” based on the cafe’s core values which eventually found their way onto buttons, cards and the website.
- Surround yourself with those that have a healthy appetite.
- Treat everyone like you’ve known them for years.
- Believe in good karma. It always comes back around.
- Eat for pleasure and walk it off later.
- Take only what you need and share the rest.
- When in doubt, pour yourself a drink.
- Love thy neighbor. You may need a cup of sugar one day.